Disney, DreamWorks, Pixar, Don Bluth & everything in between! Each episode, the Rotoscopers—Morgan Stradling, Chelsea Robson & Mason Smith—discuss the news in the animation world, an animation principle & have a hilarious in-depth discussion about an animated film. Join in for all the news & laughs in the world of animation! For more news, reviews and interviews and to join the community, go to Rotoscopers.com!
167 An Extremely Goofy Movie - So Extreme (3/2018)
It's not the original. But it's so extreme. Toon Disney's 'An Extremely Goofy' is on the docket for today. Beware: Chelsea Rants.
- Main discussion: An Extremely Goofy Movie
- First thoughts and recollections.
- This movie was brought to you by the X Games.
- Chelsea's predictions
- Was the Music "goofy" enough?
- Jim Cummings alert!
- Beret Girl in Cafe
- They can only find jobs for people with college degrees? I feel another rant coming on...
- Goofy plays a good Travolta
- Sylvia is the new “Adriane!” (Rocky)
- There seriously were no fire trucks at this thing?
- Rotten Tomatoes
- We rate it!
- Voicemails: Alex & Sol
- Don't forget to use the hashtags #AnimationAddicts and #AnimationAddicts168 when talking about this episode on Twitter!
Runtime: 01:06:33, 49 MB
166: Your Name. - Space: The Final Frontier (2/2018)
Chelsea and Morgan talk about trading places as they review Japan's 4th largest grossing 2016 film, "Your Name."
- Main discussion: Your Name (2016)
- They hit it BIG with this film.
- The Boob Shot.
- Yes. We judge books by their covers.
- Are they trading places right now?
- “I hate this place. It’s so small and towny!”
- Can you really get to know someone by walking in their shoes?
- Dreams. Do you remember them?
- That was some strong soke.
- "The girls go crazy for a sharp dressed man."
- The Live Action remake by J.J. Abrams
- We rate it!
- Voicemails: Alex and Rachel
- Don't forget to use the hashtags #AnimationAddicts and #AnimationAddicts166 when talking about this episode on Twitter!
Runtime: 00:44:49, 65.6 MB
165: Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie - Potty Humor: It's Evergreen! (1/2018)
Morgan and Chelsea put their big girls superhero panties on and review DreamWorks' 2017 film Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie.
- Nerdy Couch Discussion: What kind of pranks/hijinks did you get into when you were young?
- Voicemails: Sol & Brian
- Main discussion: Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie (2017)
- The books. The backlash. The fans
- When should you make a movie?
- Welcome to our tree house
- It's not the end of Captain Underpants!
- Favorite moments
- Our very achievable expectations.
- We rate it!
- Voicemails: Dante, Matthew & Alex
- Don't forget to use the hashtags #AnimationAddicts and #AnimationAddicts165 when talking about this episode on Twitter!
164 Jungle Book 2 - Good on You, Lawyers (1/2018)
Can you hear the "Jungle Rhythm?" Morgan and Chelsea go wild and review The Jungle Book 2.
- Nerdy Couch Discussion: What are some Direct to Video Disney releases that you could send to theaters?
- Main discussion: The Jungle Book 2 (2003)
- Voice Cast discussion
- "Boy Bands are really big right now."
- Where is King Louie? -Good on you, lawyers.
- Bagheera's untold story
- How many pits of lava are there in india?
- The plan for "The Jungle Book 3" that was cut.
- We Rate It!
- Voicemail: Alex, Sol. Lauren, and Ryan
- Don't forget to use the hashtags #AnimationAddicts and #AnimationAddicts164 when talking about this episode on Twitter!
Runtime: 00:53:12, 77.7 MB
163 DuckTales the Movie - It Never Works Out for the Rat (12/2017)
Blow Me Bagpipes! Chelsea and Morgan take a trip down nastajia lane and talk the Disney Afternoon and review DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp!
- Nerdy Couch Discussion: It's the Disney Afternoon!
- Anastasia, a Disney Princess?
- The 4 season or 65 episode rule
- The DuckTales Reboot
- Main discussion: DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp (1990)
- DisneyToon Studio Era explained.
- Collie Baba - the dog thief
- Gotta love the catch phrases
- As far as villains go, Merlock isn’t bad and that's good!
- So that’s where we got to story of Aladdin!
- What would your 3 wishes be?
- That amulet. -Convenient and unexplained.
- What about Atlantis?
- We Rate It!
- Voicemail: Jonathan North & Alex
- Bloopers: #EnterBaby
- Don't forget to use the hashtags #AnimationAddicts and #AnimationAddictsXXX when talking about this episode on Twitter!
Runtime: 00:54:15, 40.1 MB
162: The Polar Express - It's a Water Baby! (12/2017)
Jump onboard The Polar Express (2004). Chelsea and Morgan are joined by Pablo Ruiz for this festive ride down holiday line on! -You comin'?
- Welcome back, Pablo!
- Nerdy Couch Discussion: Christmas Holiday Specials
- Main discussion: The Polar Express (2004)
- The animation. That Mocap "uncanny valley"
- That budget, though.
- The Music - Chelsea's biases
- Morgan's advice to Chelsea
- When we stopped hearing the bell.
- Chelsea's cautionary tale.
- We finally talk about the plot.
- "Runaway Train" & "That flying ticket"
- If you don't believe by now... Nothing's going to help you.
- Did somebody say "Believe?!"
- We Rate It!
- Voicemail: Daniel
- Don't forget to use the hashtags #AnimationAddicts and #AnimationAddicts162 when talking about this episode on Twitter!
Runtime: 01:19:05, 54.4 MB
161 COCO - Sweet Homemade Guitar! (12/2017)
It was the most successful movie of all time in Mexico. It was the biggest movie of the Thanksgiving weekend in the United States. Morgan and Chelsea give their thoughts of Pixar's 2017 film, 'Coco!'
- Nerdy Couch Discussion: ‘Olaf’s Frozen Adventure’
- The Meme That Disney Didn't Intend
- Main discussion: COCO (2017)
- The rocky beginnings.
- Our initial thoughts going in. This is not 'Book of Life.'
- Very "accessable."
- "I'm burning all my pictures after the age of 40" -Chelsea
- "You don't have to forgive him but we shouldn't forget him." -Miguel (Coco)
- "That goes against... EVERYTHING!" -Morgan
- Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
- We rate it!
- Voicemail: Pablo Ruiz
- Don't forget to use the hashtags #AnimationAddicts and #AnimationAddicts161 when talking about this episode on Twitter!
Runtime: 01:04:54, 44.6 MB
160 Enchanted - "It's So Romanic!" (11/2017)
Get ready for full on Disney fan-girling as Morgan and Chelsea celebrate the 10th anniversary of the release of Disney's "Enchanted!"
- Nerdy Couch Discussion:
- Animation sequences were NOT done at Disney.
- Why Giselle isn't a Disney Princess
- Main discussion: Enchanted (2007)
- General Info
- We did not see this movie together. Nostalgia Goggles On!
- The Ultimate Disney Quizes
- So… why did they hire Idina Menzel?
- Shall we finally talk about the movie?
- We love the characters!
- Fabulous Quotes and Cameos
- Disenchanted, the sequel. 2018?
- "This is so much better than last year!"
- “Oscar, how could you?!” -Chelsea
- "Realists, get out!" -Chelsea
- Epilogue: So they just switch places?
- RotoNation chimes in!
- Voicemail: Chris & Daniel
- Don't forget to use the hashtags #AnimationAddicts and #AnimationAddicts160 when talking about this episode on Twitter!
Runtime: 01:13:45, 54.6 MB
159 Mary and Max - Original Tim Tam Slam (11/2017)
Morgan and Chelsea take on a more serious film; the 2009 stop-motion film Mary and Max.
- Main discussion: Mary and Max (2009)
- The two main characters: Mary, Max
- This film has a great sense of humor
- More mature, but not necessarily adult
- Many themes in this movie:
- Pen pal experiences: Morgan and Bulbapedia, Chelsea and Chelsea
- The wide spectrum of Autism and Asperger's Syndrome. We are not experts! This is just our view of it from the film.
- Theme of chocolate. We wonder if he got any Tim Tams.
- The ending was bittersweet.
- We rate it!
- Don't forget to use the hashtags #AnimationAddicts and #AnimationAddicts159 when talking about this episode on Twitter!
Runtime: 44:03, 44.02MB
Support the Show!
- Shop on Amazon:
Find The Rotoscopers
- Find us on the web: Rotoscopers.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr & Instagram.
- Voicemail: rotoscopers.com/voicemails or call (406) 646-6575.
- Email newsletter
Find The Hosts
158 Casper - Our Questions for J.J. Abrams (10/2017)
It's the Rotoscopers' Halloween Spooktacular! Morgan and Chelsea go back to the classic 1995 film, Casper!
- Chosen from our “Scary movie poll” that also included Return of Jafar
- Main discussion: Casper (1995)
- It wouldn't be the 90 if you didn't have...
- Who owns Casper now?
- If you were a girl in the 90's, this was a thing!
- Christina Ricci was the 90s alternative IT girl
- "Can I keep you?" - Little creepy
- Ghosts or not, that house is AWESOME!
- The Super Squatters
- Who are Fatso, Stinky and Stretch?
- And somehow it's now ok to kill people.
- Why doesn't Carrington lose her memory?
- Awesome Halloween costumes
- Why come back in red?
- That's the song!
- Human Casper... It was a thing!
- Free house with continental breakfast!
- Voicemail: Jared, Chad, & Alex
- Don't forget to use the hashtags #AnimationAddicts and #AnimationAddicts158 when talking about this episode on Twitter!
Runtime: 00:58:02, 41.1 MB